PURPOSE & SCOPE
If you are visiting from outside the United States, there may be special rules or limitations on your use of this Website.
1. CHANGES TO PRIVACY STATEMENT
2. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information We Collect Directly From You - We collect personal information from you when you use our Website; the type of information that we collect from you depends on your particular interaction with our Website and services. We require you to register with our Website to access certain features; we may collect the following information from you during the registration process: your name, country of residence, address, phone number, job title, company, investor type, email address, and a password that you select.
3. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We primarily use your information to provide our services to you and to respond to your inquiries. We also may use your information as follows:
- To communicate with you, including to respond to your comments or requests for information, to request feedback on our products and services, and to notify you about changes to subscriptions, services and products.
- To help us understand our customers, to tailor and enhance our product and service offerings, anticipate and resolve problems with any products or services supplied to you, create products or services that may meet your needs, communicate with you about our products and services, provide access to restricted pages or contents of the Website.
- To comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements.
- To facilitate your purchases and to identify you when you log into your account on our Website.
- For marketing and advertising purposes. For example, where permitted by applicable law, we will send you emails about products and services that we believe would be of interest to you, including products and services offered by third parties. We do not, however, share your information with third parties for their own marketing purposes. We also will use the information that we collect to evaluate the success of our advertising campaigns.
- For Website development, research, analytics, assessing patterns of use, regulatory purposes, planning and assessing marketing initiatives by True Office.
- As required or permitted by law.
4. COOKIES & OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
You have the option of disabling cookies and of opting out of certain tracking for advertising purposes. However, we currently do not honor browser requests not to be tracked.
5. DISCLOSURES & ONWARD TRANSFERS
We share your information with the following persons/entities and in the following circumstances:
Third Party Service Providers - To enable us to more efficiently provide the products and services you have requested from us, True Office may share your personal information with selected third parties that act on our behalf as our agents, suppliers, or providers, or these third parties may collect your personal information on True Office’s behalf. You acknowledge that the collection, transfer, storage, and processing of your personal information may be undertaken by these selected third parties for the purpose for which the information was collected. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information for their own marketing purposes.
Disclosure for Other Lawful Purposes - True Office, our affiliates and our European, US, Canadian and other service providers may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required by applicable law. We may also disclose personal information where appropriate for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, or as otherwise permitted by law.
6. YOUR CHOICES
If you wish to stop receiving information concerning our services or products, please contact us by email at email@example.com to notify us of your wishes.
7. NOTICE TO NON-U.S. USERS
We may transfer, process, and store your personal information outside of your home country, including in the United States and Canada, which may not have the same level of data protection as your home country. For the avoidance of doubt, if you are resident in the EEA this may include the transfer of your personal information from within the EEA to a country outside of the EEA.
8. ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you have submitted personal information through an True Office Website and you would like to access, update, or correct inaccuracies in your personal information, or have your name removed from our databases, please contact True Office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or send a letter to our Privacy Compliance Officer, 180 Maiden Lane, Suite 620, New York, NY 10038.
If you are a registered user of our Website, you may also access your personal account information online and make changes by logging into your account.
9. SECURITY & DATA INTEGRITY
We have put in place certain safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access and maintain data security with respect to your personal information. Please see our list of security procedures and technical mechanisms in the security section for a complete description of these safeguards. Despite these protections, however, we cannot guarantee that your data will be 100% secure. You should take measures to protect your personal information.
10. YOUR SECURITY OBLIGATIONS
Your online access to certain of your personal information may be protected with a password you select. We will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication (such as letters, phone calls or email messages). You have an obligation to keep your user ID, password and personal information secure. As part of maintaining this obligation we recommend that you do the following:
- Keep your user ID and password confidential;
- Utilize a unique password and change it frequently;
- Make sure others are not watching you enter your user ID and/or password on your keyboard when using protected areas of the Website; and
- Do not leave your computer unattended while logged onto protected areas of the Website. After you finished accessing your information, exit the protected area.
12. OTHER SITES
14. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California's "Shine the Light" law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2008 will receive information regarding 2007 sharing activities).
To obtain this information, please send an email message to email@example.com with "Request for California Privacy Information" on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response.
Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.